Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We Published A Children's Book


So, thanks to lulu.com, Angie and I have self published a children's book that we wrote nine years ago in the Spring of 1997. It doesn't cost us anything to self publish with lulu.com, only the hour or two that it took me to scan the book into our computer so I could upload it. The book is called "A Tale Of A Nimble-Headed Noozit" which Angie and I wrote and illustrated it as a project for our Children's Literature class at Ozark Christian College. We had a great professor for that class, Jackina Stark. People can go to lulu.com and either buy a downloadable ebook version or order a printed book version and they will ship it out, one at a time. Fun stuff. In my spare time over a three year span I have been working on another book with our Forwarding Agent, Milton Hendricks. I came up with the story, then he wrote and fleshed it out, then I illustrated it and am in the process of uploading it to lulu.com. That means soon I will have two published children's books. I love using my talents in my job, but I also enjoy doing special projects on the side on my days off and free time. I am even starting to work on an animated cartoon short that I hope to be done in a year (talk about long term planning, whew). Anyway, just in case you are interested in checking out the new book, here is the link "A Tale Of A Nimble-Headed Noozit."

No comments: