Saturday, September 15, 2007

Some Things Never Change....

We have mentioned in the past how much Angie and I love the Fall season. It is our favorite time of year. One of the many reasons why is that we LOVE football, expecially OU football. Each Saturday, getting ready for the game, grilling or making chili, it all has comfort written all over it. So, it has been a great joy to still be able to watch our team live via the internet while living so far away from home. Normally, we use our slingbox (follow this link to see what it is), which is connected at my brother's house. The slingbox lets us watch normal cable channels via the internet. Well, this week the game was on pay-per-view, which meant that my brother had to move around the slingbox to a different spot in order for us to see the game. Thanks Greg. It makes living so far away a little less difficult.


2 comments:

Scott said...

can you only watch what your brother has on or can you watch one show while he is watching another one?
I've been looking into a slingbox also, but have that question about it. What else should I know about it? What if his TV isn't on?

mcrosser said...

Normally, it is hooked into it's own cable outlet at his house. It then functions like another tv in a room, and I can change to whatever channels I want and it doesn't affect him. This was on ppv so we had to set it up on his digital cable and then I could only watch what he was watching. I should be able to purchase my own digital box and plug it in at his house, then attach my slingbox to it, then I could change channels. For that setup they have a infrared extender included which attaches to the front of your digital box, vcr, dvr, tivo, etc.. and then it functions as a corded remote. I change channels from here and it takes a second to switch it there.