Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Apartment in Verona

So, we heard back from our real estate agents in Verona this morning....it was actually around 2:30 AM last night when I called, that is 9:30 AM their time. Giulia told me she had "Buone Notizie" (Good News) for us! If we met the landlord between what he was asking and what we had offered the apartment was ours! I said okay and they are now preparing the contracts for us to sign. They will get us the landlord's bank account info for us to do an international transfer. Giulia, and on another occasion Elio (another agent), had told me they would be able to help us get utilities turned on. This is amazing, especially for the internet since one time we waited three weeks to get the internet on!

And here are some photos that the agency had emailed us.


Living Room:
Balcony:

Kitchen:
Bathroom:
Hallway coming from the bedrooms (living room is straight ahead):
Master Bedroom:
Matt's Office/Guest Bedroom:
Angie's Office/Guest Bedroom:
Private Parking area:

Here is the location of the apartment in Google Maps:

View Via 24 Maggio, 37 Verona, Italy in a larger map

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a beautiful apartment. I noticed that the kitchen looked bare, so I'm guessing that you have to furnish it along with the rest of the house. This is really exciting.

Betty

mcrosser said...

Yeah, if you get an unfurnished apartment in Italy it usually is empty. We purchased a kitchen for our apartment in Ancona. It is now sitting in storage and waiting for us to return to Italy and move it to Verona. We may need to purchase a new counter if we have to reorganize the cabinets some. We'll put pictures up once we get all moved in.

Nita said...

I love it and I am so excited for you guys!!! It is beautiful and I can't wait to go see it in person!!
Love you guys,
Nita

Anonymous said...

The apartment looks great. It looks larger than the one in Ancona. Is that an air conditioner in the balcony picture? I am really happy for you. How far is it from downtown?

Charles

mcrosser said...

It is a little bigger than our apartment in Ancona. Ours in Ancona was about 1100 sq ft, this one is about 1300 sq ft.

There is an air conditioner in the living room and one in the master bedroom. Both of which are extremely rare. Usually you have to buy your own!!

It is about a 4 minute drive or 15 walk from downtown. We want to get bikes, so I imagine it will be somewhere around 8-10 minutes biking.

Ivy Howell Bradford said...

I think it's beautiful! I love those floors. :)

Lots of room for when we all come visit! LOL

~Ivy

mcrosser said...

Absolutely Ivy, come on over.

anxiously hopeful said...

Ohh...it's so pretty. I love the kitchen sink!

Anonymous said...

Nice Matt, Im happy for you guys. Very cool looking building.

Jason

Unknown said...

The apartment looks great. I know you are excited. We are happy for you.
Ron and Sandy

Anonymous said...

How cool is this?!!! I'm excited for you and hope that everything else goes well for your trip back! Wish I could see you again before you go back.
Roxie

Jayson French said...

Praise the Lord. That is so awesome. What a nice apartment! Congrats!
Janice

Anonymous said...

I love your new place! I can't wait to stay in one of those guest rooms.

Melanie

Natalie Witcher said...

The bathroom is my favorite!