Monday, August 27, 2007

I Love Audio Books

So, I have to say....I love listening to audiobooks. I think it is because I am so "" in my thinking process that it keeps me on track. Also, I like it when the author reads it. You get an idea of how they were really thinking when they wrote it. Or in some essay compilations they include live radio broadcast excerpts of the essay at hand, and then it becomes even more entertaining.

I remembered a quote from George Costanza, about audiobooks and I had to find (thankfully the internet provides answers at the click of a button). After a few clicks and a few dead end websites, I found it.....

George: You know what? I can't do this. I can't read books anymore; books ontape have ruined me, Jerry. I need that nice voice. This book has *my* voice. I hate my voice.

I don't feel as strongly about my voice as George, but I do enjoy having someone else read to me. In the past year, I have listened (read) to so many books it is amazing. And encouraging. I use audible.com which is a great service and has most books.

I saw they are having a $5.95 sale on audiobooks over there.....I guess I need to go browse their "shelves" now.

No comments: