Friday, March 16, 2012

New Storytelling Project For Oral-Based Cultures

I transitioned from our missions ministry in Italy to a missions ministry using creative arts to spread the gospel less than two years ago. My most forefront goal has been to create resources, tools and art that can be used by any of the 320 Team Expansion missionaries around the world.

I have already had several highlights...For instance, developing a one of a kind missions focused VBS curriculum, JUMP VBS. Another has been creating illustrations for the first children's curriculum for a secure/closed country.

Now, I am really pumped about a new project that I am working on. It is to take a current, helpful training program and convert it over the next year into large-size illustrated flip chart that can be used to teach/train people in villages where it is impractical or improbable to use modern digital teaching methods. The end goal primary user is someone who wants to train/teach his tribe that is oral-based and uses the classic storytelling methods that have been passed down through the ages.

Once I start completing images, I'll place some on my art blog, Matt's Sketch pad. Now back to work that I love doing with a purpose of spreading the gospel!

No comments: