Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Reward of a Completed Project

So I finally did it. I finished a project that I started about a year ago, when I moved into my new office studio. I had decided that I wanted to paint five different colored paintings to hang along the long wall in my office and I finally did it. It seems kind of silly to be excited about finishing decor for my office, but there might just be something else there. I mean, what would you think if you went to a doctor's office and there was nothing hanging on his walls, no magazines on his tables and maybe no tables? I know what many would think, "is this guy for real? Or is he going to still be here tomorrow." It's kind of like putting down roots.

So, by completing this project, it's like I'm showing the roots that I've been planting all year. I've been in this specific role for two years now, and I feel like I have been hitting my stride the past several months. I have down or am doing projects for places such as Peru, Venezuela, Northern Africa, the Lisu people group, Taiwan, and Spain. This is on top of the general resources that I am creating that can be used anywhere in the world! The paintings mean that I'm putting down roots and am in this for the long haul.

The five paintings also represent something else....creation. God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them. When I see the different colors of the paintings, I think of water, earth, sky, springtime, the sun and fire. I see God's creation. My paintings pale in comparison, but my goal is to give God glory in everything I do, whether it is explicitly or implicitly reflecting Him.

On April 21st, from 2-4pm, we will be hosting an Open House at my Studio/Office. If you are interested in coming, please write me so that I can get you more information. And you can see the paintings in person!


No comments: